Good dental care is not only good for your teeth, mouth and gums. It also affects other health conditions, such as diabetes and pregnancy. Going to the dentist 2 times a year helps to keep you healthy.
Which dentists can I go to?
If you need help finding a Keystone First Community HealthChoices dentist, go to Find a Provider and select Dental. You do not need a referral to see the dentist.
As part of Keystone First CHC, you receive the following dental benefits:
- 1 dental exam and 1 cleaning, per provider/group, every 180 days (6 months).
- Dental emergencies.
- Extractions (tooth removals).
- Re-cementing of crowns (re-gluing the crown).
- Periodontal (gum) services.*
- Root canals.*
- Dentures*, full and partial.
- Dental surgical procedures*.
- Anesthesia*, general anesthesia/IV or non-IV conscious sedation.
*Prior authorization is required and medical necessity must be demonstrated. Some dental services have limits.
Please see the Participant Copayment Schedule (PDF) for more information.